What a great way to start the new year. Finally, Steve Jobs has presented the most awaited device: the iPhone.
Even though a lot of people have tried to guess what the iPhone would look like, nothing came close to what was really unveiled.
It's quite a piece of work, not that innovative from the individual features point of view, but quite impressive when everything is put together: a mobile phone, an iPod and a wireless internet device.
You can find interesting features such as:
- widescreen iPod with touch screen controls for music and video
- web browsing and mail
- integrated google maps (no GPS support though)
- all kinds of widgets (weather, stocks, etc...)
- multi-touch screen (very handy for zooming maps and photos)
- advanced sensors (to detect when you rotate the device from portrait to landscape, or an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the display’s brightness to the appropriate level for the current ambient light)
However, Apple should also prepare for other issues, like fighting for the 'iPhone' trademark.
Now, all we have to do is wait for the release of the iPhone and see what users will say about it.