It seems that the fan issue (running at 6000 rpm after the installation of SP1) that I reported two days ago, was just a coincidence. Yesterday I installed Office 2008 SP1 on my Mac and the CPU fans have run under 4000 rpm since then. So, what caused that sudden change in the fans' behaviour on this first install run? Well, that is yet to be determined.
- Go to /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
- Remove folder Office 2008
- Empty Trash
- Then, next time Setup Assistant appears, just keep clicking next and finish up to the end, and it shouldn't appear again
- /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/Microsoft Office 2008 settings.plist
- /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist