Saturday, September 20, 2008

Magellan: yes, I tested one!

Now that the Magellan Initiative (Magalhães in Portuguese) is set to kick off soon, I used my secret connections to have access to one of these tiny laptops and test the operating system that will probably be included in the new educational gadget.

Don't ask me for details because I cannot divulge anything... for now (as the Portuguese Government hasn't made any final decisions yet). I'll just leave here one of the pictures I took:


Regarding the laptop itself, I was very pleased with it. It's small and made of plastic but then again it's made to be used by small children. It's not as light as it should and, taking in account that kids already have to carry a lot of books to school, they should have looked into that issue. But the top handle is very handy and will allow kids to carry the computer everywhere on their hands instead of their backpack.

No comments: