"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", and that's exactly what you think when you have a look at the new Windows Media Player 11. Microsoft found the formula: imitate those that are successful and you just might be successful too.
Let's have a look:
- The new WMP11 is very similar to iTunes
- it has the same metal-like skins
- similar configuration of the controls
- similar arrangement of the media files
- browsing through album covers (just like iTunes 7)
- The new WMP11 has some Firefox features too
- tabbed browsing
- toggling between player, library, ripping, burning and syncing up media
Wired News Verdict:
"Windows Media Player 11 is definitely a significant improvement over its predecessors. Taking a cue from Apple, Microsoft has devised a gorgeous and surprisingly uncomplicated media player. However, if the boys from Redmond want to truly gain ground on the folks at One Infinite Loop, they'll have to integrate a better music store than Urge into future WMP sequels. And hey, Microsoft, you guys are on the right track, but you should spend more time listening to what your customers actually want instead of telling them what they need."
Homepage: Windows Media Player 11
Source: Wired News