Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The universe was about to collapse...

Yesterday, for brief minutes I thought the universe was about to collapse. Let me explain...

I arrived home at around 19:30 (GMT) and needed to check something on GMail. To my surprise, I got a "connection taking too long" kind of error, which is not normal. At first I just thought it was an Internet glitch in my router or ISP since neither Google.com or reader.google.com or www.youtube.com would work but quickly discovered that I could access every other resource on the Internet other than these 3 that I point out.

OMG, Google's down? Youtube's DOWN?? "Al Qaeda went too far this time", so I thought!

Soon enough, Google and YouTube were back up and everything was back to normal. But for those brief minutes I felt something really strange... Have I reached the bottom as an Internet Junkie?

I think I'm checking in on rehab...

No comments: